Built in 1945, The National was originally named the Cleveland Arms Apartments after owner and Hot Springs native Thomas Cleveland. With funding from the Federal Housing Authority (FHA), Cleveland Arms provided much-needed short- and long-term housing to returning World War II veterans.
Fast forward seventy-five years.
Amidst a downtown Hot Springs renaissance and a massive expansion of Oaklawn Park, Cleveland Arms was restored and renamed The National in 2020.
Though the original floorplan and primary building structure were left untouched, everything else had to be replaced. Roof, mechanical, electrical and plumbing. All flooring, paint, furniture, fixtures and appliances. Everything, all of it, new.
• 24 hour check in
• free wifi
• city guide
• on-site property host
• full kitchen
• smart tv in each room
• smart locks and thermostats
• local roasted coffee in every room
• courtyard with gas grill
• king and queen size beds
• laundry available by request